Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Mission Statement, of sorts

Welcome to my first adventure in blogging. My intention is to create a blog filled with health information, tips, advice, and tools to make living a healthy, active lifestyle a reality for anyone who wants to take control of their health.

First a little about me and my journey, what makes me qualified to be a wellness coach.  I have struggled with my weight, and energy, my whole life.  I also had digestive issues - but since they had been present almost since birth (just ask my mom, she would be more than HAPPY to share the stories) I thought it was normal.  I have been on so many different diets that I was sick and tired of being sick and tired - as well as getting heavier and heavier with each one.  Then I was introduced to Herbalife.  Herbalife is based on good cellular nutrition (that means getting the nutrition our body needs, all the way to the cellular level). When your body gets that amazing nutrition, it gets to a healthy state.  Not necessarily over night (you didn't get unhealthy overnight either), but it can be quick IF you change your lifestyle.  Warning - in order to get lasting results you have to be willing to change your lifestyle, or you WILL go right back to where you started as soon as you start eating like you used to.  That isn't to say you can never have another Reeses Peanut Butter Cup or slice of pizza again. All things in moderation.  Since beginning my wellness journey, Suplimented with Herbalife Cellular Nutrition and a few targeted products I have shrunk 23 PANT SIZES!!!! Lost 88 lbs!!!!!! And I have lost 164 INCHES OF FAT!!!!!!!!  Did that change MY life? YES!!!! I now have the energy to not only be with my kids, but compete in Sports Martial Arts with them (Side note - I recently took 2 golds and a silver in our Utah Summer Games Karate Tournament. I'm not telling you that as a yay me, but to show where I am compared to the lack of energy I had before).



Because this healthy lifestyle has changed my life, I am now a personal wellness coach, giving back as I guide people down their own versions of the path I have trod.

Enough about me.  My intention is to share with you what I have learned on my journey. I will be sharing recipes, tips for eating out, tips for surviving family gatherings without sacrificing your health (btw, proper nutrition could prevent much of the stress brought out at large family gatherings). Please share this blog with others and feel free to ask questions or add your own tips and advice for eating clean and living a healthy active lifestyle.  Join me tomorrow for our first tip.

No comments:

Post a Comment